2018年01月16日 09:55 供稿单位：互联网 原创作者：sjzxhd 责编：石家庄管理员
1. 题干：the location of the first test site. (C9-T3-R2 T14)
原文：The first station is expected to be installed off Lynmouth in Devon
shortly to test the technology in a venture jointly funded by the department
of Trade and Industry and the European Union.
Site --- Lunmouth in Devon
2. 题干：a way of bringing the power produced on one site back into Britain.
原文：The single undersea turbine farm would produce far more power than
needed for the Channel Islands and most would be fed into the French Grid and
be re-imported into Britain via the cable under the Channel.
Bring back --- re-imported into
3. 题干：a reference to a previous attempt by Britain to find an alternative
source of energy. (C9-T3-R2 T16)
原文：Unlike wind power, which Britain originally developed and then
abandoned for 20 years allowing the Dutch to make it a major industry,
undersea turbines could become a big export earner to island nations such as
Japan and New Zealand.
Previous --- originally
4. 题干：mention of the possibility of applying technology from another
industry. (C9-T3-R2 T7)
原文：The technology for dealing with the hostile saline environment under
the sea has been developed in the North Sea oil industry and much is already
known about turbine blade design, because of wind power and ship propellers.
Another industry --- North Sea oil industry
5. 题干：A It is a more reliable source of energy than wind power. (C9-T3-R2
原文：Operating on the same principle as wind turbines, the power in sea
turbines comes from tidal currents which turn blades similar to ships’
propellers, but, unlike wind, the tides are predictable and the power input
Reliable --- predictable and constant
6. 题干：D It would cut down on air pollution. (C9-T3-R2 T19)
原文：The technology raises the prospect of Britain becoming self-sufficient
in renewable energy and drastically reducing its carbon dioxide emissions.
Cut down --- reducing
Air pollution --- carbon dioxide emissions
7. 题干：E It could contribute to the closure of many existing power stations
in Britain. (C9-T3-R2 T20)
原文：If tide, wind and wave power are all developed, Britain would be able
to close gas, coal and nuclear power plants and export renewable power to
other parts of Europe.
Closure --- close
Existing power station --- gas, coal and nuclear power plants
8. 题干：F It could be a means of increasing national income. (C9-T3-R2 T21)
原文：undersea turbines could become a big export earner to island nations
such as Japan and New Zealand.
National income --- export earner
9. 题干：J It is best produced in the vicinity of coastlines with particular
features. (C9-T3-R2 T22)
原文：EU research has now identified 106 potential sites for tidal power, 80%
round the coasts of Britain. The best sites are between islands or around
heavily indented coasts where there are strong tidal currents.
Vicinity of coastlines --- between islands or around heavily indented coasts
10. 题干：Whole tower can be raised for…and the extraction of seaweed from
原文：and also be designed to be lifted out of the water for maintenance and
to clean seaweed from the blades.
Be raised for --- lifted out of the water for
Extraction --- clean…from
11. 题干：Sea life not in danger due to the fact that blades are
comparatively… (C9-T3-R2 T24)
原文：Fish and other creatures are thought unlikely to be at risk from the
relatively slow-turning blades.
Sea life --- Fish and other creatures
Not in danger --- unlikely to be at risk
Comparatively --- relatively
12. 题干：Air bubbles result from the …behind blades. This is known as …
原文：One technical difficulty is cavitation, where low pressure behind a
turning blade causes air bubbles.
Result from --- cause
Known as --- is